5 Things To Know About Despacito's Zuleyka Rivera
While we're now fully aware of what the spicy Despacito lyrics mean, we don't know a whole lot about the woman featured in the viral music video: Zuleyka Rivera.
Below are 5 things you should know about Rivera:
- Zuleyka Rivera is a beauty queen: Being featured in the "Despacito" music video is not the first time Rivera has known international fame. At the age of 18, she gave Puerto Rico a big triumph and won the coveted title of Miss Universe 2006.
- Modeling was her first passion: Rivera began her professional modeling career at the age of 14, walking the international catwalks for big name Latin designers and signing an incredibly lucrative CoverGirl deal in her early 20s.
- Competed on a dancing TV show: Rivera participated in Univision's Mira Quien Baila back in 2013. Even though she didn't win, the dance lessons helped her to shine in "Despacito."
- She's also a highly successful TV and movie actor: Zuleyka Rivera studied acting in New York.
- She owns her own clothing collection and multiple fragrance lines, while being a single mother: Rivera founded and owns a teen-centric clothing line sold exclusively at Kress stores in Puerto Rico.